Keeping Your Club Safe: Coronavirus Update
This page is regularly updated. Members are encouraged to regularly check here for Club-related information.
Scroll down for PDF information in Japanese. 日本語は画面下部のPDFをご覧ください。
Updated: March 30
With the number of coronavirus cases (Covid-19) in Japan and around the world continuing to rise, the Club is working closely with the Minato Public Health Center and the US Embassy and introducing measures to safeguard the health of both Members and staff where necessary.
- The Club has introduced temperature screening and membership card checks at Club entrances. Those with a temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius or higher will be refused entry to the Club.
- Following the Board decision to limit Club access to Members, CHOP Steakhouse and 220° [Modern Teppan], both popular for entertaining guests, and Vista are closed until further notice.
- All large events in April, including First Friday and the Easter Grand Buffet, have been canceled.
- Club-sponsored activities and programs are limited to a maximum of 25 participants.
- The Frederick Harris Gallery is closed to the public until further notice.
- Visits to the Club by guests and reciprocal club members are currently suspended.
- Housekeeping staff are continuously sanitizing well-used facility spaces and surfaces, such as railings, elevators and doors.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are placed throughout the Club and at all entrances. Members are requested to sanitize their hands before entering and to continue sanitizing them during their stay.
- Club buffets, salad bars and the toast bar are suspended until further notice.
- Club restaurant service staff are wearing hygiene masks and gloves.
- The children's toys in Rainbow Café's Chill Zone have been removed until further notice.
Members who have returned from overseas within the last two weeks or who have been in close or extended contact with individuals, including family members, who have been abroad recently are requested to refrain from visiting the Club for 14 days.
Members are encouraged to follow the advice from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Minato Public Health Center
For Minato Ward workers and residents who may be infected with the coronavirus or who have close contact with a virus carrier.
- Minato Health Office Sanitation Division
For inquiries on Minato Ward accommodation services.
- Tokyo Metro Call Center
Foreign Language Service
For general coronavirus inquiries.
Email Communications from the Board of Governors
- March 27: Keeping Your Club Safe: Temporary Closure This Weekend
- March 24: Keeping Your Club Safe: Self-Quarantine
- March 21: Keeping Your Club Safe: Quarantine Update
- March 19: Keeping Your Club Safe: Quarantine Update
- March 14: Keeping Your Club Safe: Visiting the Club
- March 11: Update: Keeping Your Club Safe
- March 7: Keeping Your Club Safe: CHOP and Vista Closures
- March 5: Important Notice: Members Only
- March 3: Update: Keeping Your Club Safe
- March 1: Update: Keeping Your Club Safe
- February 28: Update: Keeping Your Club Safe
- February 22: Update: Keeping Your Club Safe
- February 14: Update: Keeping Your Club Safe
- February 3: Keeping Your Club Safe
- January 24: Health and Safety Update