The Mudsharks is a swim team program for children who want to improve their swimming skills.
What will I learn in this class?
Students focus on technique, efficiency and fitness. More advanced drills and longer, faster sets prepare swimmers for tougher competitions at higher levels.
What are the benefits of this class?
This class prepares students to move into serious competitive swimming. Members often participate in meets with other clubs in Japan. Swimmers with positive attitudes and committed work ethics are asked to move into the Competitive Development Squad.
Who will teach this class?
Head Coach Simon Hadlow is an Australian level-one-certified instructor with more than two decades experience at the competitive level. Coach Hadlow leads a team of highly experienced assistant coaches who motivate and educate swimmers throughout the course.
Assistant coaches: Farid Stas, Benny Edriansyah, Marcin Nowakowski
Emphasis is on advanced drills, stamina training over longer distances and improving technique. Swimmers should be capable of swimming 100m of all strokes with proper technique. These practices will gradually increase in distance and incorporate reduced time cycles. Attention is paid to turns and detailed competition swimming techniques. Participants are expected to attend a minimum of two practices per week.
Mon-Thur | 5:30-6:45pm | Swimmers can choose any two practices
Fri | 6:00-7:30am & 5:45-7:15pm | Discuss with coaches
Mudsharks Swim Team Tryouts
The program is multi-leveled and tailored to the individual needs of each and every swimmer. New swimmers to the Mudsharks must go through a tryout held during the practice time and day of the group the swimmer wishes to join. Previously recorded meet times may be used to determine appropriate levels.
• Swimmers must wear goggles.
• Female swimmers must wear swim caps (optional for male swimmers).
• All swimmers are required to wear Mudsharks team swimsuits and swim caps (for sale at the Pool Office) during practices and at swim meets.
• Mudsharks swim kit: swimsuit, swim cap and T-shirt.
• Participants are required to attend a minimum number of sessions to remain in good standing.
• Participants must follow instructions and conduct themselves responsibly at all times, both at the Club and while taking part in off-site events.
• Participants training with the Mudsharks should compete at swim meets for the Mudsharks.
• Failure to abide by these standards may result in removal from the program; registration fees will not be refunded in such cases.