Mumbai Street Foods
You don’t need a three-star restaurant for three-star food.
What will I learn in this class?
Cook and taste some of the most popular street food of Mumbai. Menu items are subject to change due to availability of ingredients. Please inform the instructor of any dietary restrictions.
- Samosas: potatoes and pea filling tossed with cumin, coriander seeds, ginger and spices, served with mint coriander sauce
- Pav bhaji: mashed potatoes, cauliflower and peas tossed in butter tomato sauce, served with butter rolls
- Vada pau: deep-fried spiced potato balls dipped in chickpea batter
- Ragda patties: White pea curry spread over spiced potato patties, served with minced onions, cilantro and sweet and sour tamarind sauce
- Papdi chat: crispy flour chips topped with spiced garbanzo and potatoes, served with tamarind sauce and yogurt
- Mango lassi or cardamom lassi and masala chai
Who teaches this class?
A certified teacher, nutritionist and culinary consultant, Hema Parekh is the author of several cookbooks, including “The Asian Vegan Kitchen” and “The South Indian Vegetarian Kitchen.” Over her career, she has cooked for visiting heads of state and royalty.
- Oct 20
- Nearest station: Ebisu Station
- ¥8,000 (materials fee: ¥1,200)
- Cancellation deadline: Oct 12
- By registering, Members accept the inherent risks in activities where social distancing requirements cannot be followed, and they agree not to hold the Club liable in the case of injury, illness or contraction of COVID-19 during these activities.