Flavors of North India
Taste the rich and decadent flavors of North Indian cuisine.
What will I learn in this class?
Prepare and sample a six-course lunch full of the best dishes from North India. Menu items are subject to change due to availability of ingredients. Please inform the instructor of any dietary restrictions.
- Aloo paratha: whole wheat bread stuffed with spiced potato filling
- Hara bhara kebab: made with lentils and peas
- Navratan korma: mixed vegetables and cottage cheese in a rich cashew nut gravy
- Bhindi do pyaza: stir-fried okra and onions
- Dal tarka: yellow lentil curry with butter and cumin seeds seasoning
- Cucumber and walnut raita: yogurt-based salad with grated cucumber and walnuts topped with roasted cumin
- Cardamom lassi or phirni and masala chai
Who teaches this class?
A certified teacher, nutritionist and culinary consultant, Hema Parekh is the author of several cookbooks, including “The Asian Vegan Kitchen” and “The South Indian Vegetarian Kitchen.” Over her career, she has cooked for visiting heads of state and royalty.
- Oct 6
- Nearest station: Ebisu Station
- ¥8,000 (materials fee: ¥1,200)
- Cancellation deadline: Sep 28
- By registering, Members accept the inherent risks in activities where social distancing requirements cannot be followed, and they agree not to hold the Club liable in the case of injury, illness or contraction of COVID-19 during these activities.